Monday, July 18, 2011

Thou shall enjoy the terrible two's

As I write this there is a little giggle behind me, demanding "daddy, do that again" in slightly jumbled English.  It is easy to forget the temper tantrum he had just a half hour ago because he did not want to eat his noodles for dinner.  Luke didn't want to eat his peas or noodles, so we told him he couldn't watch The Wiggles tonight.  As a result it has been one of the most fun evenings we have had in a while.  Luke is laughing and playing with us and the house is a total disaster.  Some punishment that turned out to be.  We had one incident when he tried to feed his Woody doll some grapes, but we are trying to teach him to share... right?

Luke has asked "what that?" at least 100 times tonight. He asks three times before I even have a chance to answer him the first time. He has played basketball, hidden from us in his tent, kissed my boo boo and asked that daddy read him his bedtime stories, he even said "not mommy read it."  Watching his personality develop is the most amazing experience I have ever had.  He drives me crazy, he makes me laugh, he makes me smile and he has taught me what it is really like to love someone unconditionally. Some people call it the terrible two's, and sometimes it is, but the tantrums and fits are all worth it to hear a tiny voice say "I love you" and kiss you good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment